Pages

Simple

Sometimes in life we need something fixed
We realize it’s not the way it’s meant to be and we make all the noise we can to get someone to notice it so that they make it normal again
When they hear us and they try fixing it and it does not work, we at some point begin to accept that this is now the new status quo
“Things have changed”
And a new routine with the change begins
It’s not that easy I tell you
The whole reason we were making noise about needing a fix in the first place is that we didn’t want things to change in the direction they did
But they did and we wanted them to be back to what they were
So we quietly at times learn to adjust
But usually we noisily adjust, hoping against hope things can be reversed and get back to “normal”
Ah! Don’t we all wish!!
And then one day………. we wake up and things are actually the way they were before
Jubilation!!!!!!
At the back of our minds we still had our fingers crossed as we worked with the new status quo with smiles on our face, secretly wishing for the “past”
Things are back to normal
We make all the noise we deem necessary
Actually, sometimes we grin silently as we don’t trust that it’s permissible that things are back to what they were
There’s just no knowing with this world we live in, is there?
What’s the whole point?
Well, about a month ago my phone suddenly ahd a problem with its date and time
It would move from 2pm to 2:29pm and start all over at 2pm straight after!
And the date never changed
The first day I was a bit superstitious ogled on by this guy but the next I definitely knew something was wrong
So I made some noise and a workmate with a similar phone said they ahd the same issue
Ah! At least I wasn’t alone, someone had the same problem
And so I noisily lived with the new status quo
I move around with two phones so I had to be using the other one for time
I tried all I could to fix the time issue but it just wouldn’t work
Software updates and all
Then just three days ago that workmate told me something that now has me totally changed in terms of my outlook on life
(Honestly I cannot believe I had become this complicated person that I glimpsed I now was )
They said all I had to do was switch off the phone and the time/date would work just fine
Presto! It worked!
I felt stupid for all the times I had tried to get it to work……… changing time zones, not locking the key pad, software updates, pc synchronizing…ad infinitum
A very simple, IF NOT OBVIOUS, fix
Why had I not tried it?
When my workmate told me they had the same issue they also added that the IT guys at the hubby’s place had said it was a software issue that was peculiar/common to that model
And so believing in science that much, I sought a software fix
I never googled the problem but just looked for ‘fix’ software
Long story short, try the easy way first
It just might work and you don’t sweat and feel embarrassed when someone tells you how to do things the SIMPLE way
Bottom line, there’s ALWAYS a simple way to getting things sorted out in life

0 comments: