Pages

Renewing covenants

Every new year we affirm/strengthen/make a new/renew our covenant with God at our church How do we do this? We have a special service beginning of the year where we recommit/commit our lives to God and we partake of holy communion And based on the theme of the year we have daily services after hours for the full month linked to that theme So this year our theme is “God is able” taken from the book of Daniel Along with the services we also partake in a period of prayer and fasting in the month of Jnauary This used to be ten days then it moved to thirty one days This was because when we did it for ten days we challenged ourselves to say can we not do it for the full month? And so thirty one days of prayer and fasting started When we get to thirty some extend to make it forty days Do I follow this religiously? No. My period of fasting varies year to year depending on whatever is happening at the time. My relationship with God is guided by my church but it is not defined by my church It is defined by Him and my age in spirit But whenever I get the opportunity to attend the evening services I do attend and this year has been different from others as I can actually leave work at knock off time and attend service I invite you to share with me my learnings and gleanings of the services that attend on my other blog so that you too may be uplifted and you take time one reviewing your covenant with God.

0 comments: